Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Sylvanian Families?
First created in 1985, Sylvanian Families is a unique and adorable range of distinctive animal characters that live, work and play in the idyllic land of Sylvania. It became an iconic toy of the ‘80s and received the UK Toy of the Year award for three years running. Sold in over 50 countries, Sylvanian Families is a global brand, with themed restaurants and a dedicated theme park in Japan. To date, more than 100 million Sylvanian Families figures have been sold worldwide.
- Where is Sylvanian Families from?
Sylvanian Families originated in Japan and made the journey to the UK in 1987.
- Why are they called Sylvanian Families?
The word Sylvan means ‘of the forest’, which is where these adorable characters can be found. All of the families live in the Sylvanian Village, where everyone enjoys the world of nature. Set around everyday lives, to be enjoyed in comfort, our brand covers a range of activities in which children can explore different play patterns and create their own stories.
- What age is Sylvanian Families suitable for?
Sylvanian Families is suitable for children 3 years or older, but this evergreen toy appeals to children and adults alike, from young children just making their first friends, older children about to start secondary school, right up to nostalgic adults who fondly remember the figures from their own childhoods, plus serious collectors with a passion for all things Sylvanian!
- Where can you find Sylvanian Families products?
Sylvanian Families products can be found in a variety of shops from independent stores on the high street to big retailers, but if you want to find the latest releases, special offers and exclusive sets, Sylvanian Families Official UK Store is the place to be!
Start browsing the Exclusive sets now!
- I lost my password, what can I do?
If you lost your Sylvanian Families UK password, you can visit the password recovery page here and follow the instructions to receive a reset link.
- How do I update my account information?
If you want to update your account information, you need to log into your account, and then visit My Account page. Click on “edit” to change your details in any of the fields you wish to update your information on. Remember to save your changes before exiting the page!
- Why do I need an account?
Opening a Sylvanian Families account has many benefits! You can
- Proceed to check out faster
- Store alternative addresses for shipping to multiple family members and friends
- Check the status of your orders
- View your past orders
Keep an eye on this space, as we are constantly developing new and exciting features so you can get the most out of your account.
- Is my card information safe?
Yes, all of our payment information is encrypted and stored by our payments partner WorldPay. WorldPay have adopted a set of guidelines to protect users' privacy, which comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- What payment methods can I use?
You can pay using your debit or credits cards, PayPal, or Pay Later with Klarna.
- Can I purchase gift cards?
Unfortunately we don’t currently offer gift cards.
- Can I place my order via phone or email?
No, our customer services team does not have the facilities to take orders over the phone or via email.
- What happens if an item I ordered is out of stock?
Out of stock lines on confirmed orders will be placed on back order awaiting a restock. If you would like to cancel it, please contact our customer service team.
- Can I cancel an order?
There is a very small window of time immediately after the order has been placed where it can be cancelled before it is picked and packed.
- Can I modify my order after it’s been placed?
There is a very small window of time immediately after the order has been placed where it can be modified before it is picked and packed.
- Do we ship outside the UK?
No, we currently only ship within mainland UK (This excludes ROI and Channel Islands).
- What are the shipping options?
We only offer Standard Shipping (3-5 working days)
- Where does SFUK deliver to?
We can only delivery to addresses within the UK.
- How much is shipping?
Standard shipping is £4.99 in orders under £40. For orders over £40 there is free shipping.
- Can I send items to more than one shipping address?
Yes, you can! Just make sure you select the option “Check out with Multiple Addresses” when you start the check out process.
- How do I know if you’ve received my order?
An order confirmation email is sent once the order is placed, however if you haven’t received this within 24-48 hours, please contact our customer service team.
- How long does it take from placing my order to receiving it?
Up to 5 working days.
- Do you offer next day delivery?
This is not currently a service we offer.
- The items I received are damaged/defective, what can I do?
- My order is missing an item, what can I do?
- I have not received my order, what should I do?
- Can I order a replacement part?
We have limited replacement parts, however please contact our customer service team and will do their best to facilitate your request.
- An item I want is out of stock, when will it be available for purchase again?
We do our best to replenish stock as soon as possible. However, if you are looking for an item for a specific occasion in a short time frame, please contact our customer service team.
- How do I check my order status?
You can check the status of your order by visiting My Account
- How do I return something I purchased?
You can return the items to the below address with a note including your order number and name so we can identify the return.
Once it has been returned in a resaleable condition, we will issue your refund for you.
Epoch making toys
C/O Ogden Fulfillment
Salts Mill Road
- What happens if I want to exchange or return a faulty/damaged item that is sold out or no longer available?
We do not offer exchanges. Please contact our customer service team regarding the return and refund.
- How long will it take to process my return?
Once we have received your item, the return will usually be processed within 5-7 working days, depending on your method of payment.
- How can I sign up to the Newsletter?
We would love to stay in touch! You can sign up to the newsletter clicking here.
- When will I receive the Welcome Email with the discount code?
Please allow up to 24 hours for the email to reach you.
- What does the discount code apply to?
You can use the discount code in your next purchase of any items except online exclusives and bundles.