Sylvanian Families Sandwiches
- 4 slices of white bread (for Freya and Lyra)
- 2 slices of brown bread (for Ralph)
- 1 to 2 slices of cheese
- 1 to 2 slices of ham (any type of ham is okay, but the darker the colour the cuter!)
- Some mayonnaise (for sticking on the small parts and adding details in the eyes)
- 1 slice of nori seaweed
- Your favourite sandwich fillings
1. Print and cut out pictures of Freya, Lyra and Ralph. Place the cutouts on top of the bread and cut around the edge. (Use 2 slices of bread for each character.)
* When cutting, stand the knife upright and cut with the tip. Cutting the normal way with the knife lying down will make it difficult to cut them out neatly.
Sometimes brown bread is smaller than white bread. If your brown bread is small, cut Ralph’s ears out separately using the left-over bread after cutting out his face.
2. Cut out Ralph’s ears, stripes, and the fur around his mouth from the picture. Place these paper pieces on top of a slice of cheese and cut them out by tracing around the edges with a toothpick held at an angle.
3. Place the picture of Ralph’s ears and stripes on the slice of nori seaweed and cut them out with kitchen scissors. Then, place the cut-out nori on top of the cut-out slice of cheese with the same pattern.
4. Add your favourite fillings, such as lettuce, tomato, and egg salad to the cut-out slices of bread, then place the second slice of bread on top.
5. Add the pieces of cheese and nori to the Ralph sandwich. Cut out the final parts for each character, including ears, nose, eyes, mouth and collar, from the ham, nori and sliced cheese and add them to the sandwiches to create the characters’ faces. You can use a little mayonnaise to help them stick.
6. Finally, use mayonnaise to add the white dots to the eyes.
When you’ve finished, take a photo and post it in the #diysylvanianfamilies tag! ♪